Thursday, July 3, 2014

Tech Tool Thursday!

Linking up again, with Michelle from Big Time Literacy, to work on completing the challenge for July. If you have happened to stumble across my blog, take some time to check her's out. The challenge is very easily laid out if you are new to blogged and need some prompts to start!


Photobucket

Day #3

Yesterday, I could have easily rambled about my ISTE experience, there is just so much that I want to share. However, I felt that my reflection is best done in separate posts. So, today's theme, we will call it, "Tech Tool Thursday!" Here are some of my favorite tools that I had learned about while attending ISTE. Some even came from just observing a quick walk-by of a poster session. Feel free to explore and learn yourself!

1. Scoodle Jam - A colleague of mine tweeted this app about about a week or two before I had left for ISTE. Since it was currently free, I figured I would download it, but hadn't had the chance to check it out. Well, for my luck, there was a BYOD workshop I was able to attend covering the aspects of this app. To state it briefly, thing of Scoodle Jam as a white board app, however it isn't just any white board app. It comes with preloaded graphic organizers, stickers, text options and themes that your students can get creative with. This can be used with project based learning and it even has some lessons already built in with manuals for teachers! One of the best features....students can connect with each other via their device and collaborate together! I can't mention enough, the GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS!

2. Evernote Clearly - A great little tool I learned from stopping by a Google Session. Imagine assigning your students an article or a project that requires research, only problem...the article is too difficult. Maybe it is a lower reader, an ELL student, an IEP student, or just someone that is too overwhelmed by research and doesn't know where to look. Well, Evernote Clearly will easily take out that distraction and reveal the main context clearly! It even offers some customizing options for the display of the text. Check it out!

3. Pantomine 3D - I have been a tad obsessed with Augmented Reality this past year. Really trying to learn as much as I can about how to use it in the classroom. While being lucky enough to attend a dinner for @Gripcase with @sjgorman, @shannonSoger, all amazing handles to follow on Twitter by the way, I was introduced to the developer, David. A true amazing man. I can't even put into words about how fascinating he truly is. Honestly, check the app out. It will blow your mind away!

There are a ton more that I could add...but I will give you three of them for Day #3! :)



1 comment:

  1. Love that you are doing this - I am always looking for more tech tools that spark something for me too! From these 3 - the second one really jumped at me, but of course we are all looking for ways to help those students who feel daunted by reading so that maybe they will try again next time! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete