Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Healthier ME!



While a goal of mine is definitely to begin blogging more and reaching the status of many other educators out there in our field.  I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics, a blog that I began following a few years back when I used to teach 4th grade.
4th Grade Frolics
I've always wanted to join a linky, so I guess this is now the perfect time to do it. :) As educators, we always strive to do the best for our students and we work constantly to make sure that happens. However, often doing that we forget about taking care of the teacher.

2013 was a busy year for me. Not only did I change grade levels and get to spend two years in a row with my lovely students, but I accomplished a whole year of being vegan and completing 2, half marathons! That is something I never dreamed of doing. A large goal of mine is to run the Walt Disney World Marathon one day, but in order to do that I need to take care of me first.

My struggle with fatigue has been something that has increased over the years. Granted I have worked in two very active careers after college, but there is nothing medically that can be found as the cause. In order to take better care of myself, I'm testing out being gluten-free as well in 2014. There are many vegan blogs and articles in cyber world that link gluten and fatigue together, so hopefully this will give me the small boost that I need to keep active for my 27 children at school and my lovely 2 year old princess at home. If anything, it will definitely make me a healthier eater in the end.

Have a happy, healthy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What great accomplishments this past year for you:) I am determined to get back into running:) I would love to do the run for Abolition International...not sure I will be ready for that one but it's a goal:) Thanks for linking up:) Hope your fatigue goes away and you have a blessed New Year;)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Congratulations on completing two half marathons. I am a runner as well, and I am currently training for a half marathon.

    I am your latest follower, and I am looking forward to reading more on your blog.

    Happy New Year!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, I couldn't be happier to link up with you! You have a great goal set and I wish you tons of luck! I definitely struggle as well trying to find time to run during the teaching year. I've always been addicted to your Monday Made Its, I just never had the chance to actually get my blog going this summer.

    Mary, thank you so much for following. I am definitely not the frequent poster and am horrible at doing it. I am still trying to find the time to fit it into everything else on the plate. I am now a follower of you as well! Good luck with training for your half! I look forward to hearing about it.

    Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post. My new goal is going to a plant based diet. Do you have any good recipes or websites for vegan recipes? I'd love to find some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly just stalk Pinterest for recipes. If you follow me on there, most of the ones in there I have tried or have done a version of. I have a whole separate board for vegan.

      One of my favorites was a chick pea curry that I made in the crock pot or the vegan penne alla vodka was amazing too...I know, more starch than plant.

      I am definitely more of a baker instead of a meal cook. My challenge now is trying to be gluten-free as well. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. :)

      Delete