Saturday, March 8, 2014

Literacy Leveler App Review

Every Tuesday, our district iCoaches send us helpful links that we can incorporate into our teaching as their "Tech Tuesday" email series.

Well, this week there happened to be an app listed that caught my eye. I'm very much a frequent follower to Apps Gone Free, but this one happened to not be listed on there, however, it was still discounted as FREE from the normal price of $4.99 in the App Store.

So, what is the app that I am leading up to? It is called, Literacy Leveler. Literacy Leveler is available for both the iPad and iPhone. If your school uses a reading leveling F&P system or by Lexile Number chart, this will be an app you won't want to miss!



The app is so simple to use. Once opened, you can scan a book's barcode and up will pop the lexile number and level. As with any library, not all books are listed in there. But, my students and I have found that it is pretty successful, you can also use the option to try and search by title. I can't begin to tell you how much time this has saved when my students search for books independently at their level.

I highly recommend keeping an eye out for it!










2 comments:

  1. This looks great! It will save a lot of time to do this rather than looking everything up on the computer. I love the idea of students using it for just right books. Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, it really has made our last week so much easier with hunting for just right books. I can't even tell you how many different websites we would go back and forth with. Sounds like you may be familiar with that. ha ha

      Delete